Sunday, September 14, 2003

"maswerte ka..."



2 years and 1 month.

I have been officially single for 2 years and one month now.

How has life been for me?

I am generally happy, satisfied and grateful for all the things in my life now. Honest. But any single person can probably agree with me when I say that there are moments when loneliness just kicks in. I have my family, I have amazing friends in my life...but...there's just this missing piece in the puzzle. I guess you all know what I'm referring to. No, I will NOT say it...it sounds too cheesy...hehehe...

'Maswerte ka'. My dearest girl friend uttered these two words to me. She was pointing out how lucky I am that I don't end up with the guys I've dated for the past year that I've known her. Simpy put, she believes that these guys don't deserve to have me. Yes, I am too damn good for them! Hehe! Seriously, if she had a choice, she doesn't want me to go through so much pain...she thinks I'm too fragile for that. Aaaaw...ang protective ng friend kow. Labs na labs ko yan eh.

As we were talking...one question kept running on my mind...'maswerte nga ba ako?'.

It is through other people that I would discover the positive side of a supposed depressing situation. I usually despair when a 'relationship' has ended before it even had begun. But her words..those two strong words...'maswerte ka' -- made me realize that these upsetting situations would actually work for my advantage. I will learn. I will be wiser. And if I could avoid it, I would not get stuck in a relationship wherein my time and effort were wasted.



Thanks bes..I almost forgot how wonderful it is to be single..until you said those words to me.