Thursday, September 18, 2003

Into my head, into my heart, and into my system


Perhaps the reason why I am contemplating too much on my being single and pathetic is because I have no serious problem to think about. If you were one of the very lucky (:P) people who is close to me, you could say that the life I have right now and the situations laid before me are not complex. Not at all.

It's a weird feeling, but I actually feel envious that some of my friends have more hurdles to get over with. Maybe I'm just hungry for challenges. And with that, I suddenly made my petty worries appear like serious cases.

I texted my closest friends with messages like, "I can never seem to hold anyone close very long. With every 'potential' guy that I meet, there's always a whole complicated story to tell. I have heard all kinds of reasons why a guy would suddenly be afraid to take on the next level of our friendship. And please, don't say na 'darating din yan'. Can't it be na ako naman yung dumating? Life!

Pathetic na ko dba?

Although I wasn't really asking for replies, most of them did. I just needed to vent. It was really enough for me to know that they were listening (or reading). But their thoughts helped me more than they could ever imagine. As my bes guy bud put it, I should know better why every 'potential' guy won’t put through. I should not think that someone will come nor arrive for someone. I should delight in the fact that I have all the time to be ready for who the Almighty has prepared for me...cause each of us has one in the proper time. He even wished me patience. =) Oh, and he started the message by saying that 'you are a beautiful a person'. And indeed, I felt that I was...inside and out.

I am ok. And this is something that I should start putting in my head, into my heart, and into my whole system.