Tuesday, September 23, 2003

"Teka...babae ka nga ba?"



How would you answer a question like this? This was the last thing I expected to hear -- from my dad! My biological father no less!!!

He even looked at me with a big question mark written all over his face. May pabahol pang, "eh bakit ba kse wla ka pa ulet bf hanggang ngayon". May pailing iling pa ng ulo!

I just stared at him.

Is this what I get from being single for 2 years now? I thought I was doing them a favor by being careful with the guys I go out with. I have become too picky. And without them knowing, I am doing this for them. Yes, we get to choose our partners and everything boils down to OUR decisions. But if I had the choice, I still wouldn't want to disappoint my parents. I'm hoping that one day, when I get married (or should I say IF I get married), they'd get along with the man I've chosen.

Flash back: year 1999. My mom was satisfied with the fact that I was single. She even prayed that I would remain one for a couple more years. On my birthday of that same year, she wrote in her birthday card for me: "You are a nice daughter...blah blah blah..and sana next year, wala ka pa ring boyfriend".

The following year, I had a boyfriend. and I could honestly say that my parents were..hmmm, let's just say that they didn't really talk about my having a relationship. I took it that they consented my relationhip with my bf at that time.

Mid year 2001. I was single again. Year 2002, single. Year 2003, still single. And all these dragging years of my being single actually made my dad to conclude that I am...a lesbian???? OMG!!! Can you tell that I'm shocked???

At least my mom was there to defend me. "Alam mo naman yang anak mo... mapili. Gusto smart, masipag, etc etc."

Ayun. At least may isa sa kanilang alam na mapili lang kse talga ko. Haaay..lord!!! Ano ba ito!

One friend made a comment when she found out about this...sabi nya..."sana sinabi mo sa dad mo, 'hay dad, read my blog nalang!'" Hehe.

Just to set the record straight, the last time i checked, babae ako. =)

I love being a girl! Sabi nga ni twin...isa akong GEL (babae). Yun dn masasabi ko ngayon.


Hmmm...kala cguro ng parents ko eh zero activity ako sa dating scene. I still get more than my share of dates...hehehe...*wink*





No comments: