Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Hope for me yet...

Who am I trying to fool? I can be bitter. I can get angry. I can feel hopeless. But I am still the same girl who thought she could step into a mirror and find herself somewhere else. I still wish on stars. I keep drifting off in daydreams. I have faith in the world.

That is who I am.

Of course, I have bad days...I have bad weeks. But I've never had bad months or a bad whole year. No, I don't let it last that long.

Life is too short to hold on to grudges and to build walls around you and to pretend like nobody else but yourself matters. It might be easier, it's definitely easier, but it doesn't feel nearly as good as it does to forgive someone and let someone new into your life and give your time and thought and compassion away.

It's worth it. I know it doesn't feel that way sometimes. I know it seems impossible sometimes. But it is. This is what I tell myself. This is what I need to remember.

There's hope for me, yet.