Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Wounded
-=aileen=-
02jan02

I sauntered down the alley, not knowing what I'd see
From all corners I can feel the shadow following me
Deafening voices repeatedly chanting my name
Sweet vindication proving to be the game
Their dark schemes trying to wreck the inner me
Wrangling with the ropes I fought to be free
Disdain with the essence of insanity
I repudiate the foulness of this unforgiven society
The mimicked voices beneath this hidden verse
Every word uttered forsaken and cursed
Synopsis of me I proclaim to you
Deeply reflecting the sense I really do
Cruel tenderness flare their soul
None of which I had the power to control
Sooner or later theirs is no life to defend
Tender with my wounds, I struggle to reach the end
Perplexity in all forms and meanings never leave my side
Faithful to thy self, there is a will blossoming behind
Wedging between the depths of everything it may seem
I have discovered the deliberate journey of life in extreme


**Author's note: I wrote this when I resigned from my previous job. Yeah, it was a loathe filled experience...


No comments: