Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Nice, Naive and Beautiful...


What's behind the title of my blog...?

It was supposed to be a temporary title, just to get my blog started. But after hearing Plumb's song, it just grew on me. It is a somber ballad for the abused. Don't get me wrong, I'm not abused in any way, and you can say that I really cannot relate directly to the song. Be that as it may, the lyrics reminds me of the hard truth that we go through pain for no reason. We have the opportunity to take it and use it for our betterment.

Nice, naive and beautiful...wonderful combination if you ask me.

Hmmm....I know what you guys are saying now...."Si jarjar talga, nag explain na naman!" hehe. Fine. That's my trademark. It's part and parcel of who I am. *wink*


Here's the lyrics:


She's only known heartache and pain
But she's never known pain like this
She stands alone defending her name
When all that she's done is be who she is
Well is it so wrong to be who we are
When all she's done is fail

Cause she's so nice, naive and beautiful
Why does she get taken advantage
Why does she live in a world so cold
She takes advantage of the nice, naive and the beautiful

Cold is the throne of her hardened heart
No one has seen the softest part
Day after night she holds an ache
And won't budge to show this secret place
Well is it so wrong to hang on to hurt
Maybe she could set it free

Cause she's so nice, naive and beautiful
Why did she get taken for granted
Why did she live in a world so cold
He took advantage of the nice, naive and the beautiful

No comments: