Thursday, August 07, 2003

Getting it done...


And we can talk about inspiration and making a difference and changing the world. We can talk about baby steps and helping hands, we can talk about group efforts and great strides, we can talk until we're blue in the face, but talk only gets you so far.

Inspiration is the easy part. It's the follow-through that's hard. I am finding this with myself and the things I do lately. I have so many ideas and plans, but I can't seem to focus. I want to do so much, but I end up doing nothing at all. I don't want to be remembered as the person who is so good at apologizing and postponing. I never wanted to be that kind of girl, with too much on her plate and not enough gumption to get it done.

I want to get things done.

And I have so many ideas and I have so many plans and I see others doing what I could do, what I want to do, and I wish there were more hours in the day and more money in my bank account and more understanding and naptime and free pizza and ice cream for employees who work on the freaking graveyard shift!!!! I could be wrong, but I really think that would help.

No comments: