Thursday, January 15, 2004

set off



what if all this time i've had it all wrong? i've been trying to hold on to so much and maybe i should just let go. let go of the the things i think i need, let go of the feelings i don't want to forget, let go of the memories i am afraid will disappear from my mind. let go, and make room for more.

there have been moments in my life when i've lost and felt that a part of me has died. i had to acknowledge such tragedies. what was experienced was learned, and what was learned would not be forgotten. i lived. that was enough.

i am still so young, and there is so much more to get/feel/learn/live. it's nice just to swim in the moment, sometimes, without worrying about what others think, without trying to record every detail, without planning the way it ends. i am going to try to do more of that. i just don't want to waste any more time.



* * * * * *


Reaching upward
I'm earthbound
Daydreamer wake me up
I'd welcome the interruption
I'm realizing that I am chronically spaced
Be quiet I just need to hear myself -- think
Loud and uncontrolled
Totally aware that I know
But not enough to pull back
And let things go
High-strung and high-waisted
If I whine it's not earnest
I'm just unloading some weight
Maybe I should stop praying for a miracle
and savor every morsel that I've been served
It's all up to me



No comments: