Wednesday, October 15, 2003

sheer admiration

-
Elow fellow bloggers! This entry is the exact opposite of my "The Heat of My Desire" post. Eto naman wholesome...hehe...=P

-------------------------------------------
ADMIRATION
ad-mi-ration
ad-m&-'rA-sh&n

definitions:
1 archaic : WONDER
2 : an object of esteem
3 : delighted or astonished approbation


People have been teasing me about how much I "like" you. And why shouldn't they? I smile from ear to ear when we talk about you. My friends could create a tally board on the number of times I mention your name. But guys, believe me when I say that I really JUST like the guy. Honest. =) Now don't go rolling your eyes or raising your eyebrows at me.

I know that I am just infatuated. All I have for him is harmless admiration. I know it's not love...and I choose for it not be. Experience has taught me that love is a decision and the feelings just follow. And it's easy to fall for this guy if I wanted to. But I know what I'd be getting myself into. And I don't want any kind of trouble. ;) As I always say, "I know my rights pare."

I have so many crushes -- single, attached or married. And for the attached and married ones, I usually am happy for the woman they are with. These women are fortunate to be with a man who truly loves and adores them. Notwithstanding the fact that they have a great guy, some of these women don't seem to recognize that blessing. They tend to take their respective partners for granted in the long run. Sad, but true. I once asked this guy, "does she realize how lucky she is to be your girlfriend?" And he blurted, "uhm..I can't answer that. I don't know". Well I definitely knew the answer, and too bad for her, she didn't. At that time I honestly wanted to trade places with that girl. (Hay I miss that guy by the way...I was almost convinced that it could have been him..haaay...ima blog about that next time ;)

Anyway, going back to the recent object of my admiration...I only have good words to say about him. He gave a whole new meaning to the word "kind". He has a great life ahead of him with a nice loving partner by his side. Ok ok.. I'd be a hypocrite if I say that I am not envious. The envy I have however is not wanting to have the guy, but wanting to have the same kind of appreciation they have for each other in a relationship. And having known him gave me that certain trace of hope that there are still decent men out there. The kind who can make real relationships last.

I've never imagined that I'd write something about this at my blog. Nevertheless, I would say that he is worth writing about. And this is the least I could do for him, because I owe some of my best days to him..he definitely knows how to make someone happy. And for that, I am very thankful. =) *hugs*