Saturday, August 06, 2005

a tribute to senator roco


this may be the first time that i am genuinely affected by the death of a politician. reading today's headlines made my heart sink.

i voted for this man for president. he was the youth's favorite and only choice for president. he was my dad's choice too because he was a fellow bicolano. his intellect was unmatched. i really believed that the way his mind works is the kind that our country needed.

it's true what they wrote about him: "he was the best president the country never had".



quoted from the Rocos:


"When I was 20, I wanted to change the world; at 30, I wanted to change my country; at 60, I realized I wanted only to change myself." -- Senator Raul Roco


"...sometimes, people become more powerful in death. Hopefully, Raul will be like that." -- Ding, Sen. Raul Roco's brother


indeed, you will be remembered as someone who planted the seeds of change.


==

No comments: