Saturday, December 04, 2004

i owe you.


thanks to you, i have learned more facts about life. although these things may sound shallow, they are actually essential as i try to survive this crazy planet.

it is amazing how a simple encounter with one guy helped me gain more understanding about the entire male species.

i have significantly proven to myself that:

-- i don't have to settle; my standards are non-negotiable
-- i have a whole lifetime to love and believe in myself, and i would want a partner who shares the same concept about himself
-- i am my own bestfriend
-- i should ALWAYS consider guys perverts until proven otherwise; it's better to be cautious than ego-bruised and bitter in the end, right?
-- never allow a guy friend to court me or to like me more than a friend
-- never let a spark come between me and someone from the same circle of friends; no more awkward moments
-- i must try not to like someone's family too much until guaranteed that i can see them again (i miss them already...)
-- if a guy asks me, "pwede manligaw?", i will simply raise my eyebrows and throw him a question back, "if you can tell the difference between flirting and courting, then yes."
-- i am not yet ready to handle someone who is insecure
-- girls are really more mature than guys (ugh, i can give a thousand examples on this)
-- boys will be boys (oh i'm sure this doesn't have to be explained further! haha!)
-- my next boyfriend will be soooooo lucky; i will lavish him with all the care and attention i can give. and i'm not bragging about this. i simply know it's true ;)
-- sometimes, it's not bad to do a lil bit more of a background check on someone; what i know now could have been helpful then
-- no matter how convinced i am that there 'never was and there never will be', there will always come a time that i will say to myself: "it could have been you...(but you were a jerk)"
-- my friends love me sooo much that they could kill someone who would hurt me (syet naiyak ako as i was typing this. i love you guys!)
-- boy issues will be a part of my life; i have to get used to it

so there. even if you hurt me (or was it just my ego?), the experience still helped me grow as a person.

thank you. i owe you. :)

hmm...at naisip ko dn, my kid sister will get a million pieces of advice from me the moment she starts having boy issues of her own (sana matagal pa yun...). :D

love you sis!





No comments: