Friday, December 10, 2004

birthday blues


just 10 more days and i will turn another year older.

recently, i was feeling low. and i thought it wouldn't happen this year. but i guess depression will always hit me every time my birthday is near. and no, it's not about the fear of getting old.

it's something else...

i have been trying to make a rationale why depression creeps in whenever i'm about to have my birthday. people keep telling me that there must be a reason behind it. statements go like this: "maybe something's missing in your life. or maybe someone is missing in your life". what the hell?!?! you mean a significant other? ugh. not again. when will people consider a single person normal? geeze!

i had a wonderful chat with a good friend on the topic, and he took the words out of my mouth:

"i think it is because birthdays represent a milestone for every year that has gone by and makes you reflect on what you have done (or not yet done). like when I think back, i feel like i would have wanted to get more done by this age than what i have actually accomplished."

i know i haven't fulfilled all my goals. YET. but i'm getting there.

my life isn't so bad after all. in fact, i could sum up my life in these three words:
I AM BLESSED.


No comments: