Sunday, October 17, 2004

"life is a stage, and you are the main act"



it all boils down to this:
i can only depend on myself.

absolutely no one but myself.

i simply do not understand the reason -- or the absence of reason -- why people hurt me. what the hell is their motive?

no man is an island, i know. but it is during these times that i choose to be alone. i choose not to be too trusting anymore; to question every move that these people make; to raise my eyebrows everytime they ask something from me; to dismiss every single bit of compliment they throw at me; to keep my secrets confined to my soul and no one else's.

i'd rather not invest 100% of my trust in them rather than be disappointed of having been betrayed in the end.

there comes a point in your life when you feel that no one on this planet genuinely cares about you. and when that time comes, you have to be ready.

so i am slowly building that wall again. and i don't know when i'd be ready to let the wall be taken down...but i am certain that it won't be anytime soon.

no, i am not lonely. it's just i'm being more careful. i just want to protect myself because no one will do it for me.

i've been caring and loving too much for others that my own happiness has been sacrificed too many times. things will change soon -- and you bet it's for the better.

it's about time to aim the spotlight on me.



No comments: