Friday, July 02, 2004

wake up call?


i was THIS close to getting that massage and body scrub yesterday. i eagerly called the spa's number at 9:30am and was surprised to hear a sleepy voice on the other end. uhm...bahay yata tong tinawagan ko. :| like any other establishment, i expect that they open around 10am. much to my disappointed, i found out that they won't open until 1pm. darn. eh tulog na ko nun eh!

...the downside of working on graveyard shift. :/


^_^


wedding bells...i don't hear it


my mother is slowly trying to talk me into getting married. with every chance she gets, she'd ask me this question: "kelan ka magpapakasal?" --> hearing this is something i dread. it ties with the question, "why are you single?" as the-number-1-question-i-don't-have-the-answer-to. :| MM peeps, akalain nyo, nde ko sya kayang i-explain?

never can i remember a time that i've actually written something reflective on my being single. i've been long convinced that i am indeed normal and happy being single. but with a mother bugging me about marriage, and a gay friend who frankly tells me "ok lang yan jarjar, may mga tao talagang ttandang mag isa", i'm beginning to wonder if i'm ever gonna get married. :S

i was a late bloomer in relationships. i first had a boyfriend when i was 20. i enjoyed my teenage years and being single at that time was -- believe it or not -- by choice. now i feel that my singlehood is by default. *gulp*

and i quote my mom..."sa buhay ng babae, dalawang okasyon ang importante: debut at kasal. ikaw nakapag celebrate ka naman ng 18th bday mo. kasal nalang, kelan? lahat meron na para sa kasal mo...groom nalang kulang."

talaga lang ah? :) so may reception na, caterer, florist, gown, etc etc? :P

hmmm...at least there's one thing that my mother and i agree on...i'll have a beach wedding. woohoo!!! :D

No comments: