Saturday, December 13, 2003

the convenience of text messaging


there are some things easier said thru texting than talking face to face.

i don't feel like writing the story behind the text correspondence below. i just want to post it at my blog...i know that after i delete these messages from my phone, somehow i'd like to recall what we "discussed". so im saving it here. these messages are enough for me to recollect what happened on that day -- 11 december 2003.


kenzo: it's obvious dat u dnt wnt me 2 knw wat d problem s. it felt stupid to b n d car. sna wla nlang ako pra nkapagusap kyo ni G. wanted to get out of the d car bt ddnt want 2 be rude.

me: eh kse po...nagseselos ako kanina kay J.P.

kenzo: nde kme aileen. J.P. knws dat i cnt commit kse masyadong magulo buhay ko. kla ko b may bf k n? i did not cmit 2 J.P. bcoz magulo nga. i did nt want u 2 be reeled in2 my stupidly confusing lyf. i do love & respect u too much 2 b stupid & include u in it. Nbody s included n my lyf aileen. m too fucking stupid & scared. dats y m alone. bt dat's nt enuf reason 4 me 2 wnt smone.

me: everybody's lyf s cmplicated. f u tke 4 grantd my feelings, it hurts me a lot. and i get jealous a lot about dem having u & ur cmpany. i hpe u undersnd my point. i nver wantd ds, bt nw m into ds. cn u help me out n establishing wer i stand?

kenzo: God i wish i ws my old self...d reason y m nt being serious with anything s bcoz i fail. i always do. i love u aileen bt i cant b der 4 anybody. i jst dnt want 2 hurt anyone anymore. f u only knw my life. m hurting nw dat i got u into ds. anothr reason 4 me 2 hate myself.




my last boyfriend broke up with me through text. that was 2 years ago. this time, another guy broke my heart through text. sometimes i wanna curse the wonders of technology...it doesn't really bring wonders to me.

i can bet that the next guy who's gonna break my heart would cowardly express it through -- you guessed it -- TEXT!

wow. how personal. how brave.

eh kung wag na kaya ko mag cellphone?!?!?!?!? linket na!

No comments: