Wednesday, October 29, 2003

i already know that...!


i have nothing against fortune telling or tarot card reading. and although i really don't want to be dependent on these life-forecasting practices, i gave it a shot. it was worth a try. you can say that i was just curious. well, curiosity didn't kill the cat, it made the kittens.


"we're not playing God here", the lady told me. i was calmed upon hearing those words from her. lest i become susceptible to her predictions, i can always remind myself that only God still knows what's bound to happen to me.

in a nutshell, i was told that i have a very great zeal for life. i put my heart into what i do and try to achieve all my goals --be it short term or long term goals. it comes to a point that i want to accomplish them all at the same time and i would need to slow down....slooooowww dowwwwn....ok ok...i think i still know how to do that. i pamper myself once in a while. i know when i need to destress myself from this chaotic world. she kept on saying that i am smart woman who makes smart decisions. hmmmm....true or not? hehe....

my favorite part was when she told me that it is not a remote possibility for me to work and travel at the same time. God knows how much i want to navigate the world! hehe. seriously, i'd be ecstatic to see different places but i would still like to come back to my beloved Philippines. the nationalistic side of me would still want to help her country grow.

when the opportunity came for me to ask 3 questions, the first thing i asked was about my career. "love life is really not your priority at this time, huh", the lady asked smiling. well, yeah...there is no love life to prioritize anyway. =P and i admit, i am so preoccuppied with putting my career into order. heck! the graveyard zombie is slowly maturing into a serious career woman!

despite my little interest in the romance department, cards of knights still kept on appearing. so question number 2 was devoted to discussing that thing called love. there was one knight card that appeared twice during the session -- the knight of cups. the tarot reader told me that this certain knight was very persistent. knights knights knights knights! cards of knights were very much visible..but where are the men that these cards represent??? isn't that ironic? :P i nonchalantly asked the lady if i've already met these men or if i have yet to meet them. "unfortunately, the time can't be specified". HUH?!?!? what good is a tarot reading if there's still a grey area! *sigh* contradicting. really. time specific or not? because she mentioned there would come a time that i would have to choose between two nights -- now that's an episode which im sure is in the future tense.

i didn't have any question 3 in mind, so she just sort of predicted my future in general. aside from the cards of knights, another subject in different cards was constantly popping -- the cards of pentagon. basically, she reaffirmed that i wouldn't end up in the streets begging for money. =)

none of her statements really shocked me. nada! zilch! i was half expecting to hear a nerve wrecking, mind blowing, earth shattering prediction from her. but there wasn't any! so you can say that i was slightly disappointed. hehe.

the session validated my principle that although i believe in destiny, you'd still have to work your way towards that destiny. i stand in the middle of a FREE WILL--DESTINY debate. the dictionary does not give justice to the word "fate". if i were to define it, it'll say: 'whatever is decreed for one, depending on the precedent plan of the person'. and through the entire course of this tarot reading, i can say that the things i heard were simply my plans in life. i almost have everything figured out. almost. and with every assertion she made, i almost wanted to say, "yeah..i already know that. is there anything surprising you can tell me?"

No comments: