Thursday, August 21, 2003

BITCHDOM

I love this..twas written by someone from a mailing list which i am a member of. I can relate pare!
Read on...


When I stand up for myself and my beliefs, they call
me a bitch. When I stand up for those I love, they
call me a bitch. When I speak my mind, think my own
thoughts or do things my own way, they call me a
bitch.

Being a bitch means I won't compromise what's in my
heart. It means I live my life MY way. It means I
won't allow anyone to step on me. When I refuse to
tolerate injustice and speak against it, I am
defined as a bitch.

The same thing happens when I take time for myself
instead of being everyone's maid, or when I act a
little selfish. It means I have the courage and
strength to allow myself to be who I truly am and
won't become anyone else's idea of what they think
I "should" be. I am outspoken, opinionated and
determined. I want what I want and there is nothing
wrong with that!

So try to stomp on me, try to douse my inner flame,
try to squash every ounce of beauty I hold within
me. You won't succeed. And if that makes me a bitch,
so be it.

I embrace the title and am proud to bear it.

No comments: